School holidays are the perfect time to connect with your children while free from the tedium of books and lessons. Make it a day out with these fun and inexpensive places to go all within the Greater Springfield CBD.
Just across from the shopping centre is the water fun paradise, Orion Lagoon, perfect for all ages as the days get warmer over the school holidays. Located in the heart of Springfield Central, the Orion Lagoon is a water park free to the public and supervised daily by lifeguards during the opening hours, providing a safe and fun family day out near Brisbane.
Containing a number of interconnected pools, Orion Lagoon caters for all age groups, from dedicated toddler-friendly areas to a lap pool for proficient swimmers. It has a beach entry pool with depths up to 1.5m in areas, a 50m lap swimming area, and a dedicated children’s wading area. Featuring stepping stones, wading areas, and water squirts, the kid’s area reaches a shallow depth of 30mm and allows for plenty of fun and safe play opportunities that will delight your younger children.
Enjoy a full day at the Orion Lagoon and use the local BBQ facilities for lunch. Picnic shelters with tables and umbrellas are located alongside the Orion Lagoon, along with public toilets, change rooms, and lockers to store your belongings. If you’d rather buy lunch, there are many dining options close by and a variety of restaurants across the road at Orion Springfield Central.
Before the fun starts, treat yourself to a scrumptious breakfast or energy bowl at Raw Energy, or bring the kids over for lunch to enjoy their fantastic school holiday special – a kid’s meal and milkshake for only $7.50! Or enjoy the range of options available within Orion Springfield Central. And what’s a meal without desert? Just around the corner is the Springfield Cold Rock Ice Creamery with delicious ice cream mixtures featuring your kids’ favourite berries, lollies and nuts.
Robelle Domain Parklands
Opened in 2011, Robelle Domain Parklands is more than just a playground or park. It is the perfect destination for Brisbane and Ipswich parents seeking somewhere to go these school holidays, with something to cater for every family and day out. Here’s some ideas for what you can do:
- Let the kids delight in the fun and interactive electronic playground, swings and slides, while you enjoy a coffee at the Robelle café or a nearby picnic table, where you can still keep an eye on them
- Explore over 11kms of boardwalks and walking tracks and sporting fields, either by bike or walking – a great way to keep the whole family active.
- Enjoy a peaceful picnic using the local BBQ facilities and shaded tables, with a stunning backdrop of quiet gardens, a lake and waterfalls. Just remember to bring your BBQ supplies.
- Appreciate the art features and interactive music space where budding musicians can put on a show, or head along to the community events and concerts that are occasionally held here.
- Allow the kids to explore their creativity with the grassy open spaces that are open to interpretation for games of tag or cloud gazing. Your kids can do absolutely anything they set their minds to at Robelle Domain.
You can easily fill a whole day here with these fun school holiday activities that keep your kids active and outdoors. As it is a popular park, aim to get here early to secure a great spot.